£18K- £23K PRO RATA- 20 hrs p.w. split across Mon - Fri (flexible)
Shout Design is an award-winning design agency, based in Essex. We craft beautifully effective brands for ambitious businesses, giving them a significant and valuable competitive advantage.
We are looking for an Operations Executive to support the running of our many projects. The candidate that secures this role will be enthusiastic and have proven experience as a self-starter, with impeccable organisation skills and a quality approach to relationship-building.
Working directly with our colleagues and clients across an array of different projects, you will support the team to ensure that the delivery of each project is meticulously planned and executed on time and within budget. This role is perfect for you if you have an excellent understanding of project planning, have a keen eye for detail and are able to work collaboratively with stakeholders to drive best practice.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be assigned to support our design teams with managing project workflows and assisting the Managing Director in the development of new and existing business
Supporting in the thorough scoping of new projects, leading client-facing exploratory workshops, including writing up delivery materials, such as presentation slides
Utilising project management software (Monday.com) to efficiently plan out tasks, milestones and deadlines, communicating these clearly with all stakeholders, and keeping teams on track
Supporting ad-hoc on other projects and accounts where necessary
Preparing reports on the performance of projects and regularly liaising with the Managing Director
8 ESSENTIAL SKILLS YOU WILL BRING
1. Able to work with colleagues from the team and also across other functions to move projects forward and follow through to completion
Why? Our projects rely on us working collaboratively to ensure smooth delivery
2. Able to work under pressure and adapt easily to change
Why?- The projects we work on can often be over a period of several months and can vary in complexity. Being comfortable with adapting to change will support you in performing at your best in this role
3. Highly effective organiser, capable of juggling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with an incredible eye for detail
Why?- Our service relies on us always being consistent and thorough with the delivery of our many projects
4. Excellent communicator at all levels, confident with leading meetings with stakeholders of all seniority
Why? Our clients rely on us to provide expertise and guidance for which clear communication is paramount
5. Innovative and creative thinker, able to spot opportunities and join this up with the direction of our brand’s vision
Why? We are a developing business and innovation is at the core of what we deliver for our customers. It’s vital that every team member adopts an innovative mindset towards the development of our company
6. Professionally minded and presented with a commitment to quality
Why? Our clients are trusting us with the look of their brand, meaning being well-presented and professional at all times is essential
7. Proven experience influencing and building relationships with stakeholders
Why? Our service is built on long-lasting partnerships with high-value clients. In this role, you will be the primary liaison for many of our partners
8. Experience of using commonplace digital tools, including spreadsheets, e-mail, video calling and word processing
Why? As an agile digital consultancy, we rely on these tools constantly in order to deliver our service
6 PREFERRED SKILLS
1. Knowledge and understanding of common project management methodologies and practices
Why? While we don’t require any formal qualification, having a reasonable understanding of common project management techniques will support you in this role
2. General understanding of the marketing sector, common practices and an awareness of best practice
Why? While not always the direct focus of our projects, an understanding of the marketing sector underpins our work and will support you to succeed
3. Experience using project management software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, mass mailing clients and website content management systems (CMS)
Why? These are the more specific tools that we use regularly in the operation of our work. Full training will be provided where required
4. Experience with creative content writing
Why? To support with the capture and publishing of case studies on our projects, as well as other areas where being capable of writing good content can play a useful part
5. Experience within a marketing environment or education within a marketing, design or similar subject
Why? Having experience or education within a marketing (or marketing-adjacent) setting will provide you with a foundational understanding of our industry and how to preempt certain challenges in this role
6. Experience of working in a financial environment and carrying out duties such as financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting using Microsoft Excel/ Google Sheets or other financial systems
Why? A key part of this role will involve accurately budgeting projects and tracking spend to ensure spend and scope creep is avoided
PERKS OF WORKING with SHOUT Design
Wherever operationally possible, you can flex your hours to suit your requirements, such as childcare. You can also choose to work from home or our co-working space so you can be in the place that helps support you to do your best work
Great Holiday Entitlement!
Pro-rata 20 days annual leave, including bank holidays off. Extra paid days off for Winter closures
We operate under the NEST pension scheme
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, we will require a copy of your CV and a brief covering message.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via LinkedIn.
We are not currently looking to engage any agencies to support recruitment for this role. Please do not call or email in relation to this role. Thank you.